Photography is well served in the capital, with several galleries dedicated
- Barbican Gallery - changing exhibits
- Mall Gallery - British Artists
- National Gallery - collection of western European paintings.
- The October Gallery - contemporary art from around the world, restaurant,
theatre space and open-air gardens.
- Royal Academy of Arts - remarkable loan exhibitions, popular summer
exhibition of paintings, prints and sculptures.
- Tate Gallery –revamped to allow display of more of the Tate’s huge
collection of British Art and some of the world's greatest masterpieces,
as well as giving space to important visiting shows. Telephone 020 7887
8000. Admission free to most exhibitions.
- Michael Hoppen Gallery in Chelsea